The “II EcoHeritage National Meeting” in Portugal, as the portuguese Multiplier Event of the Project, took place on April 29, 2023, between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm (Lisbon time), at Auditorio José Araújo – Ed. Vítor de Sá Library, Universidade Lusófona.
The main intention of the event was to make room for the ecomuseums and museums that were involved in the project to talk about themselves and get to know each other, bringing into practice the exchange of experiences and knowledge that we propose with the EEON Network.
The program had an opening table with a general presentation of the context of the project, presentation of resources for training and heritage management, with easy and free access, and a conversation with teams from ecomuseums and community museums that were involved in the process.
As a guest speaker, we received Doctor Graça Filipe, with more than 20 years of experience in the context of the Ecomuseu Municipal do Seixal and who took part in the semi-structured interviews of the first phase of the Project, IO1.
Then, the conversation wheel was attended by:
- Galerias Urbanas da Quinta do Mocho (Guias do Mocho – Public Art District – Kally Ribeiro);
- Museu do Traje de São Brás de Alportel (Vânia Mendonça and Rute Pinto);
- Ecomuseu do Corvo (Deolinda Estevão);
- Rede Museológica – Município de Peniche (Raquel Janeirinho);
- Museu Etnográfico de Vilarinho da Furna (Manuel Antunes); and
- Ecomuseu Marinha da Troncalhada (with video sent by AVEIRO Cultura, Turismo & Museus).
The event was organized by MINOM Portugal and the Department of Museology of Lusófona University, with the support of CeiED – Interdisciplinary Research Centre for Education and Development and the Unesco Chair “Education, Citizenship and Cultural Diversity”.
The complete record of the Meeting can be seen on our channel: